CS40 40M 10W SSB Transceiver Kit
The New CS-series supercedes the popular KN-Q7A.
The CS40 Transceiver
Sandwich digital VFO with 100 Hz resolution offering full 40m Band
Coverage. A Speaker Microphone is supplied with the Kit. Just connect
to a suitable Antenna and a 12V Power Source and you are ready for
operation both from home station or portable locations.
Fun to build!
The KN-Q7A single band 40m Transceiver Kit is a great project for licensed Radio Amateurs who would like to build their own SSB Transceiver.
Apart from 1 medium-sized SMD transistor, the kit uses conventional leaded components on a quality PCB with moderate component density and a classic uncomplicated circuit design.
Assembly should be no problem if you have with some previous Kit building experience.
With guidance from an instructor, this kit also make a good first project for Novice Operators with some previous soldering experience.
Fun to Operate!
Full 10W SSB RF Output and 0.5 uV Sensitivity assures solid on the air performance - Simple to operate!
Ideal for Portable or Emergency use in combination with a 12V Gel battery and a 10m Fibre mast to provide support for either a conventional 40m Dipole or a 40m Halfwave - end fed antenna. This allows a quick setup by backpackers and an antenna tuner is not required.
had a lot of fun building the kit and would encourage anyone to blow
the dust off the soldering station and have a go at homebrew'
The kit comes complete with black enclosure and all components including a
Features Novel Tuning indication using multicoloured
Also Available: CS20 20m 5 Watt SSB Transceiver Kit
• Frequency tuning range:
Digital Sandwich VFO coverage from 7000 kHz - 7200 kHz with a minimum
frequency step of 100Hz. Novel Tuning indication using multicoloured
• Harmonic and Carrier suppression: better than -43 dBc
• Sensitivity: better than 0.5 μV at 10 dB SNR
• IF filter: 6 pole crystal ladder filter + 1 pole post IF amplifier crystal filter
• IF bandwidth: about 2.0 kHz - IF frequency: 8.467 MHz
• Power Supply: 12 to 13.8 V, 3 A
• Dimension: 153 mm x 97 mm x 40 mm excl protrusions
• Weight: 500 g or 1.1 lbs
• Current consumption: about 30 mA in RX and about 2.5 A in TX @ 13.8 V
• Connectors: - Speaker output: 3.5 mm connector, mono output & DC Power Input Socket
• Microphone input: 8-pin, CRKITS Speaker-Microphone supplied with kit, compatible with electret microphones
• Antenna connector: BNC Jack
• 2 Controls: Tuning Control & IF Gain Control acts as volume control
SDR Kits is authorised European supplier of CS 40m/20m Kits by CRKits - stock is shipped from UK, avoiding any unexpected import duty.
We also offer technical advice and support for our Customers.
Chinese QRP Yahoo Group Forum for additional support